The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I need a little help. I could almost swear that I read or saw somewhere that the 7010 is actaully smaller then the 8010. The entire thing. Not just the bottom half. Top half to from sheet metal to innerds. (If thats a word
) I was looking back at Lance's pictures and the one from the rear witht he 7010 in the middle looks to be smaller then the 8010s. Is this true or is my eye sight just so bad that its actually camera angle. nyway...would appriciate some clarification.

Thanks

·
Registered
929 Posts
Re: Please help my Ignorance

To the best of my knowledge its the same size with 2 things making it smaller. The cleaning system is 10'' narrower so that would make the body a little smaller but the wheel base/width are the same i think. And the folding grain tank extensions are a little shorter on the 7010 so it might be a few inches shorter there. I think thats all thats smaller.

I know what your saying in that picture though... the 7010 in the middle looks noticeably smaller. I thinks its just an optical illusion from the camera.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Actually, the only 8010 in that picture is the one on the left. The middle and right machines are both 7010s. I asked the CIH guys at the Farm Progress show specifically if it was any narrower. They told me that since it has the same frame as the 8010, that it is the exact same width as the 8010.

I think the body is the same width too. Actually, I'd bet on it. Why would CNH want to make new molds for all the plastic - that costs money. The more parts they have that are the same between the 7010 and 8010, the happier they are. To make the body narrower, you'd have to re-engineer the hopper and unload auger system too since it sits so close to the edge of the body.

-Lance

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I've said this before and will say it again. the lower section of teh 7010 is 10" narrower than a 8010 it's like a cr940 or 60 one of the two feeder rotor cab unloader and such are teh same except the engine compartment it is more like a NH than a 8010. I studied them both over real close at FPS and husker harvest. they should have left the 8010 seive area in the 7010. but they need to be different. And
for the record my 8010 has been flawless this season. CIH finnally has it figured out!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I believe the 7010 and 8010 have different bodies as you can order a 8010 Hillco ready, but not currently a 7010 Hillco ready.

Brandon

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It makes sense..I was just looking at that picture and it looks so much smaller. Anyway..at least I know the truth.

Thanks Guys.

Dusty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts