The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had to rebuild the reverser gearcase on the left hand side of the feeder house on my 9510 numerous times and cannot get it to hold. Earlier this fall, I did a complete rebuild with new pulley, shaft, seals, keys, bearings, and the roll pin/BB/set screws that are supposed to keep it from floating in and out. I also used the red Loctite this time on the outside of the shaft/inside of the pulley. I got about 550 acres out of it and then the pulley pulled away from the feeder house causing me to need another rebuild. I cannot help but think the problem is in the roll pin/BB assembly and how they're not doing a good job of holding the position of the pulley. Then when they shear, my pulley works out and they keys chew out the slots on the inside of the pulley before they fall out. If this is not the issue, what is?

Can someone please tell me how I can fix this once and for all? It is a very costly repair. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Are you shutting off the feederhouse and letting it stop before engaging the reverser? Once the wad is out let let it stop again before disengaging the reverser.
We had a customer that kept blowing them up on a 9600 when they were originally released. He wasn’t letting things stop before engaging/disengaging the reverser.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Have you replaced the main shaft that the header drive shafts hook to with each rebuild? I have seen it many times that a contour master shaft is binding and it shoved the shaft one way or another causing the same issue your are mentioning.
Q

·
Registered
245 Posts
Also I see you mentioned red loc tight. It should be installed with retaining compound. It swells to take up any gap there might be. I have had to heat those sheaves up red hot with a torch to get the inner sheave off.
Another thing to check is to make sure your top sheaves are in line with your bottom. Make sure the belt is running straight when you eyeball up it.
Also check all the mounting rubber bushings and spacers that the reverser mounts with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts