The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
What part plugged? Guessing APS or main cylinder. Loosen APS belt, remove gear reduction bolts for cylinder. Engage machine to clean out. Reinstall cylinder bolts, lower concave, and give it a go.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
The first thing I would do is open up the concave all the way and reverse the feeder house. For the APS a hook bar that you can jam into the straw and pull back on helps a lot. We made some that have a curved hook on the end with about a 1.5 inch diameter circle and hook looks like the letter "J". We jam the bar in, turn it 90 degrees, and pull back on it. I have used a chainsaw or saws all before to help cut the material out. For the cylinder you can hook a chain on a rub bar and pull it back with a truck to help get it reversed. Hooking a chain on the outside of the cylinder pulley can sometimes bend the cylinder shaft.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
The drum behind the cylinder on a walker machine isn't called an impeller? And if he isn't unplugged by now it was a bad day!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Maybe so Joe. If claas parts wasn't down for me, I would look at the drawings to familiarize myself better with a 670 and see what the Germans call it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts