The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any grain auger manufacturers are experimenting with the use of chain loops instead of augers for a fast/portable way to fill grain bins? It seems to me that it would be a superior alternative to conveyors which are restricted to low angles, or a huge 12-14" auger which takes a 150+ HP tractor to run.

·
Registered
46 Posts
there is one made by Hutchinson called the portabe mass-ter mover they have lengths from 40 to 100' long that move up to 5000 bu/hr. We built our own from parts from there trac-master witch is bigger that moves up to 10,000 bu/hr we made it 105' long it only takes about a 100 hp to run and it turns very slow so when you get done dumping the truck we don't turn it off runs all day.
http://www.hutchinson-mayrath.com/hutch-products.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
hutch also makes the grain pump in a portable model. I believe in a 8,10, and 12 inch up to 72 ft long I just bought a 8 inch model 72 ft long and it calls for 15 hp elect motor. its rated at 4000 bu a hr.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I never even knew these things existed in a portable design. I'm amazed that I never see these things on display or at farm shows. Instead I see the biggest auger they make which about 2% of producers could possibly be interested in. But I guess I'll have to see what prices are for these, and the amount of bushels they are rated to last for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts