The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good friend that is looking at upgrading from a 2004 9760sts to a 8010 maybe a 2006 or 2007 model. He was wondering if there is any problem areas with these machines he should be aware of when buying and when running these types of combines. Also if anyone has any advice or bewares about these combines it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was originally a Case fan and ran a 1680 and a 2388 but decided to run one larger combine so he bought a 04 9760sts. He has not been happy with they quality of this machine at all. I run my dad's 05 9760sts as well and the one thing that really usets us about these combines is that they WILL NOT separate grain unless conditions are ideal. Also the realibility of his 04 machine has been far from satisfactory. He is looking for a more reliable and higher quality combine. I myself am a John Deere man so ill just keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you are going to buy a AFX 8010, I recommend a 2006 model or newer. From 2006 they introduced the enhanced shaker shoe which will give you better cleaning capacity.The 2008 model is my favorite because it has the Pro 600 screen is is much more user friendly. Trimble Autopilot Navigation systems are also easy to install.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
has anyone ever had problems seperating grain with these combines. Our 9760 will not separtate corn under less than ideal conditions. how does the case rotor compare?

·
Registered
238 Posts
WOW! That sounds bad, i wonder if Deere knows about this. I'm sure they had corn in mind when they designed it. hahahaha

Seriously, surely you are exaggerating just a bit. That 9760sts should be fine in corn, given a touch of tuning?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
some days you could not ask for it to do a better job. Then the next its losin over a bushel/ acre. If you try to increase rotor speed to help seperation then you make corn meal. From what i have found with a sts you are either goin to make corn meal or leave lots of whole corn on the ground. So i just try to make whole corn meal and get on with cutting. haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
It`s sad to hear about all the problems some folks are having with their 8010`s. Our 2004 8010 has been great, after all the updates available. We also run a 590 Cat, and no comparison! Hope to see it gone next year! I would but another 8010 in a minute, if it gives the performance and reliabilty of the one we have now. Maybe we have just been lucky?(LOL)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts