The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just posting some of our 2188 pics. Wish we could have got some during harvest, but we were busy! But our farm is most likely very small compared to some of you farmers on here! I am the trucker, (with 3-tons), and dad is the combiner. Just upgraded this year from a 1682 pulltype. My dad says there is quite a difference! Here's some after I pressurewashed the combine. Lets see some of your 2188's!

farmerdude

·
Registered
299 Posts
NICE looken machine....now tell the truth, is it that shiney or is it still wet from the powerwash? My 21 looks to be about as nice as yours. I have new sheet metal all the way around it so it's got that bright red fresh off the factory line look!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trakman, it really is dry!! I remember it was also very windy that day, like every day in southern alberta.
I scrubbed it three times with the brush and soapwater, but no wax. yes that must look good, why did you do that if i may ask? you sure cant beat that factory line look, you should post some pics on here!

combinedude2388, you sure are right! (about both)
although we had to work out some glitches after we bought it, the step up from a 1682 is huge!

·
Registered
299 Posts
farmerdude....my combine was in a shed that was destroyed by a tornado on June 11th. 24 ft end doors blew in and wrapped themselves around the rear of the machine causing cosmetic damage to all of the sheetmetal. Insurance co said replace everything so thats how I have the bright red "fresh off the assembly line" look.

Sorry, don't know how to post pictures on here.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
How well does your 21 handle the 12r20? We have some custom work we could pick up if we had a 12r20 head. Also how do you like the Redekop chopper?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 2188 handles the 12 row 22" head fine if you have enough weight on the back you also need the 3rd lift cylinder. The redekop chopper is the best thing since sliced bread almost all the new combines have this except CIH, absolutely love that chopper.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
ok i see the 22 on there now. Thats good to know about the chopper, did you but on the side handles to adjust the chaffer and sieve or does the chopper move pretty easy to get in there?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey trakman, where in kansas are you? I am up in the Northwest corner hear Hoxie and we were pretty close to a tornado this year also. My brothers friend had a brand new shed blow away in a tornado causing damage to a 2388, airseeder, and 2 grain trailers this spring.

Here are some pictures of our 2188. First picture is of my brother cleaning it up about a week ago

Cutting Corn

and the last two are pictures from wheat harvest this spring

·
Registered
299 Posts
stewart7225.....I'm near Salina. June 11th tornado started just south of town and worked it's way east into the county. Same tornado that wrecked Chapman and Manhattan that night. I lost machine shed, grain bins and some equiptment. House had alot of cosmetic damage so was luckey there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
trakman, well i guess the good thing about it is now your machine looks great!

some nice pictures on here guys! keep posting!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Me unloading one of the 1480's in the truck.

Me and my brothers 2188 being run by his father in law Larry

Larry running our 2188 again

a picture of the whole crew running, 2 1480s 1 2188 and a Brent 770 pulled by a 1570.

A good picture of old and new together, knocking out alot of acres.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts