The Combine Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
430 Posts
For those of you using Internet Explorer, try the following browser setting.

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>Custom Level button>Display Mixed Content>Enable (see if it is set to "Prompt" and uncheck that if it is)

- Cricket

·
Administrator
430 Posts

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>Custom Level button>Display Mixed Content>Enable (see if it is set to "Prompt" and uncheck that if it is)

- Cricket

·
Registered
31 Posts
Delayed Posting Problem

I'm pretty new to these forums, but I am following one in particular very closely. I have tried to post a few times, but it takes up to a week for my post to be approved by a moderator, and in a forum where there are 10 posts per day, my question/contribution isn't seen by anyone. Is there a way that this setting can be bypassed on my profile so that I can realistically be involved with a thread and post instantly? If not, what do I have to do so that this can happen? From my understanding, I have met the requirements by posting an introductory post and by providing profile information, and by posting attempts? Anything else?

Kind regards,

Josiah.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Had posted yesterday to a post about cab liners and the post isn't there today . And still can't get any thumbnails to see !!

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/98-thecombineforum-com-forum-help-desk/327285-reported-issues-after-updates-5.html

Don't expect reply or a fix anytime soon, its seems as if we are part of a social experiment in which they dangle us along decreasing our options and ignoring simple requests to fix things to see how long we will stay active.

If you guys that operate the site want to kill it then why don't you just post that the site will no longer operate after a certain date and let us move on.

·
Administrator
430 Posts
I'm pretty new to these forums, but I am following one in particular very closely. I have tried to post a few times, but it takes up to a week for my post to be approved by a moderator, and in a forum where there are 10 posts per day, my question/contribution isn't seen by anyone. Is there a way that this setting can be bypassed on my profile so that I can realistically be involved with a thread and post instantly? If not, what do I have to do so that this can happen? From my understanding, I have met the requirements by posting an introductory post and by providing profile information, and by posting attempts? Anything else?

Kind regards,

Josiah.
Your posts are being flagged by the anti-spam system. Those who usually approve the posts are on a volunteer basis so there can be some time before they get to them as they have family and work schedules. I have approved your 2 posts and deleted the tests. You may still have an issue until 5 posts. If so, let us know where you made them and we'll approve them.

Had posted yesterday to a post about cab liners and the post isn't there today . And still can't get any thumbnails to see !!
Where did you post? Provide a thread where you cant see thumbnails along with your browser/os/device.

https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/98-thecombineforum-com-forum-help-desk/327285-reported-issues-after-updates-5.html

Don't expect reply or a fix anytime soon, its seems as if we are part of a social experiment in which they dangle us along decreasing our options and ignoring simple requests to fix things to see how long we will stay active.

If you guys that operate the site want to kill it then why don't you just post that the site will no longer operate after a certain date and let us move on.
There is no social experiment and we're not shutting the site down. Issues are reported up and resolved but with anything these take time.

- JB

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It was a post today by SW farm service on the topic Tailings and clean grain elevator tension on a 1680 . He has attached thunbnails but no link to anything !! Am using my computer with internet explorer and google And quick reply still doesent work -- gotta go advanced .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your posts are being flagged by the anti-spam system. Those who usually approve the posts are on a volunteer basis so there can be some time before they get to them as they have family and work schedules. I have approved your 2 posts and deleted the tests. You may still have an issue until 5 posts. If so, let us know where you made them and we'll approve them.

Hi Admin, no worries. So this will be my 5th post. Could you please turn off the setting that makes my post go through spam? I'm not/have intention to spam threads. Just to
learn and contribute.

Regards,

Jos.

·
Registered
766 Posts

- Cricket
Thanks.
I can see avatars again!!!
I use IE and windows 10.
I used to get a box at the bottom asking me if I want to show unsecure content.
Seems to be working now.

·
Administrator
430 Posts
Glad to see its working for you.

If anyone using IE sees the prompt, if you do not click Show mixed content, it will block all http content. The suggestion Cricket provided is used to set it to always allow.

JB

21 - 38 of 38 Posts