The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any one has adapted a powercast to a 50 series, or built there own, i have a lot of straw to get through this year and after this years difficulties planting back into stubble, i feel i need to spread the chaff a bit wider.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
well if you have a chopper you can buy individually the hydraulic setup for the spreaders which over here will cost $2500 I am going to do it to run a chaff cart. So i expect that you would just then need the tail board to complete the setup. my mechanic tells me that that is all that it is.

The chopper runs off a separate system to the spreaders so that is why it can be done.

I do wonder if you could buy the whole shooting match and adapt the spreaders to the tailboard.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We put one on our 9750 two years ago. Cant say it has done what we wanted it to do. When conditions are on the tough side, it throws most of the material straight out to the side. The rest of the time it leaves most of the chaff/straw in the middle. It will cover the 36 feet of our cut width but I dont see how they claim 50 ft.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in similar conditions to CAROLSIDE, Hi Micheal, will putting the power cast tail board solve our issues with even straw and chaff coverage over 35-36ft in others experience? we have changed from straw shreaders to chopper this year but feel we need more spread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts