The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with putting a power module on a 6088? Did not know if this was a safe way of getting more horse or if it is a bad idea to put on a new combine with warranty. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have not run the machine yet but the main issue with our 2388 was power during unloading. I don't know why they can't put a boost while unloading system on the 60? With the power increase going from the 23 to the 6088 the power requirements should be met I just thought the chip would be nice for unloading on the go. Given there are no other differences in the two machines but horse I thought the chip might solve that without the extra
?? grand. Probably won't do anything but was just curious whether this was a safe alternative.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 50 and 60 have a power rise of 25hp. The 70 71 and 81 have a 25hp rise and then a boost for unloading of a additional 25hp instantly which is triggered by your unloading button for a total of 50hp. Anyone who has ran the late model 2388's which have the same 25hp rise, knows that in Hard pulling conditions that it still slows u way down while unloading. Most of the time in green stemed soybeans we are using that 25hp rise already so there is not any rise left when we kick the unload on. I have ran these machines for a long time and love the changes that they have made on the 60. Just wish they would of put the unload boost (which is reserved for unloading) on this machine too, that is why I was curious about a power module.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put a ADS chip from Area Diesel (areadiesel.com) on my 2577 this fall,it worked great. You can set in for stock,15% or 30% over, I only ran in the 15%, they say better fuel economy also,but with last fall I did not have time to check it. It was easy to install,just mount the box and unplug a wire and install module wires in between. I installed one one my neighbor 2577 also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks 9250! Did u have a control in the cab to change the % over or do you have to stop and do it? My thought was half the time unloading is fine, but when I need the power I was wanting to switch it in the cab only when needed. But I'm sure once you have run it with the 15% it is hard to change it back. And also in your mind did u think you were overloading the motor by putting this on, any heating up or anything of the sort? Also I had heard that you have to change the fuel filters more often, did you experience that? Thanks again for the reply!

·
Registered
24 Posts
With the ADS module they want it mounted close to engine and should only change setting with the engine off. I was told that it only puts out the extra power if needed, I watched for engine running hotter and had no problems.Local CaseIH dealer service manager didn't think they hurt anything if you use your head. I don't know about the 30% over setting,that makes me a Little nervous about going that high,maybe if I had to in the mud and like I said before, you are suppose to get better fuel economy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have any of you Technicians monitered a chipped engine with a CNH est tool to see what the parameters of the engine are doing while combining? Just curious what you would notice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I am a technician with Agricultural Diesel Solutions and wanted to answer a few things about this question and our product. The module for your combine is a CNHCR3000 and comes with three settings of stock, 15%, and 30% increase of power. Understand these ratings are "up to" however a lot of farmers run these modules in high with tons of success and no engine lights. This particular module uses the common rail system and raises the pressure (never above safe factory limits) to give you more power and fuel savings. By adding more fuel it gives you a more complete combustion, essentially giving you more bang for your buck with every cylinder fire. Resulting in more power and fuel savings. All our modules come with a lifetime warranty and leave no fingerprint on your application. If you have anymore questions or are interested in our product or what we do feel free to e-mail me, check out the website, our Facebook page, or call the tech support line.

Nick
Email:[email protected]
Agricultural Diesel Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/agdieselsolutions.com
Tech line: 812-618-9168

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hello I am a technician with Agricultural Diesel Solutions and wanted to answer a few things about this question and our product. The module for your combine is a CNHCR3000 and comes with three settings of stock, 15%, and 30% increase of power. Understand these ratings are "up to" however a lot of farmers run these modules in high with tons of success and no engine lights. This particular module uses the common rail system and raises the pressure (never above safe factory limits) to give you more power and fuel savings. By adding more fuel it gives you a more complete combustion, essentially giving you more bang for your buck with every cylinder fire. Resulting in more power and fuel savings. All our modules come with a lifetime warranty and leave no fingerprint on your application. If you have anymore questions or are interested in our product or what we do feel free to e-mail me, check out the website, our Facebook page, or call the tech support line.

Nick
Email:[email protected]
Agricultural Diesel Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/agdieselsolutions.com
Tech line: 812-618-9168
Hmmmmm, I wonder if the thread starter found the answer to his question over the past 6 years.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts