The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
steinbauer has one, and some other guys too (sorry, forget the name). They are someplace north of 2 grand in price, however. Supposed to be expensive because of the plugs and harness -plus, people will pay for them no matter the cost!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out Thedieselstore.com. $2230. 20% increase. Someone on here reported having one last year. Liked it if I remember right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased an ADS chip from the above website and have been very happy with it. It allows you to choose stock, 15% and 30% boost. It seems to have improved the fuel consumption and I am able to combine at 70-80% engine load. I have a 2008 8010.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I should have clarified that in the case of running 70-80 I was running in Canola. I think though that running a chip in the 80% range is like running an unchipped machine at 100%.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To answer the comment from traktorman. I ran it at stock setting at a certain speed and my load was anywhere from 100%- 108%, then going down the same section of the field I switched to the chip and ran at the same speed. Engine load was between 80-90% so I think the engine must take the chip into account. I did notice that on very hot days if you are pushing it in heavy wheat you need to watch your engine temperature more closely.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I HAVE a steinbauer tunner for the 8010/8120 combine, we had a issue with the wiring harness from the tunner to the combine and have never heard back from the dealer that sold it to me, they went out of bussiness a few weeks latter, so if you or maxie can find me the wireing harness off the steinbauer i will sell the tunner for a good price

1 - 16 of 16 Posts