The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using a power programmer on there combines ? I just took my new 9670 out on 50bu. wheat and it sure was suffering and the fuel gauge went down rather fast. I use one on my duramax and it makes a heck of a difference.
is there a break-in chip maybe thats holding it back for a few hours ? it only has 7 engine hours.

thanks

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
If you decide to use a chip be very aware that Deere can tell if you have, your warranty is in the dumpster.

Should you decide to use one anyway, keep a very close eye on the engine temperature. These engines are designed to derate in horsepower as the engine temperature increases. With a chip installed the power stays the same.

Do all you can with the dealer to rectify the lack of power.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS FOR THE WARNING...

But my dealer is the one that suggested a chip. and for temperature, it hasn't warmed up past 1/4 of the gauge yet on a real hot day. I did a 150 acres of canola averaging 44 bu/ac today and it seemed to have plenty of power for that. The straw spreader behind the chopper is HYD. driven , so that is robbing me of alot of power on heavey wheat with 4-5 foot straw along with the fine cut chopper.

She sure is a sweet machine

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why do you guys continue to buy a machine when your dealer tells you to get a power chip. Dang if hes telling you its low on power my 250k stays with me or to a different color. It's crazy

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Quote:I would think the chopper itself robs more power than the spreader does. If they really are robbing you of power then theres a problem right there. also if it runs fine in canola then i would think its more of a combine adjustment problem. that being your rotor, concaves, chains that sort of thing. I would avoid a chip mainly because it voids warranty.

I'm guessing the dealer will honor his warranty since it was his idea to chip it to begin with.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Quote:john deere is the big daddy when it comes to these kinda things, the dealership doesnt get to decide whats under warranty and what is. although sometimes it would be nice.

Does John Deere come inspect every combine? No you should know that yourself. If the dealer says to do it then they probably just go about it as a normal warranty. If JD did show up there might be a few problems.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
If he had a engine go bad John Deere would want that engine shipped to them the same day it has taken out and they can find what happen to it, like more fuel to it then it should of had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts