The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a motor power chip on a 9770? Or is the 9L at it's max? We could use a few more ponies on ours in the hills, when cutting 100Bu wheat. Really don't want to go with a 9870.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Deere lists the 9L motor on their website at up to 400hp at 2200rpm with the tier III motor. So I would say that a 10% chip would be safe IF the internals were the same. If the pistons are the same part #, I would feel safe.
Can you chip these without leaving a electronic fingerprint anymore?

·
Registered
588 Posts
You have me curious on this. I looked up the replacement piston liner kit and found that part # RE530459 (includes pistons, rings, cylinder liners) is in common with 8130 - 8530's, and both the 96 and 9770.
I have little reason to doubt that the 400 hp motor has the same parts...CRANK IT!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I can't imagine needing more hp in a 9770. Ours is a beast. But then again, I just switched from a 2188 so I'm probably still in the glory moments.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Really? Or is that just mother deere blowing smoke up yer @ss. Take a Deere 13.5L engine putting out 375hp, then look at the 9630 with a 13.5L engine putting out 530hp, the same block and cooling system. Something I'm missing here?

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Hi all

No doubt about overpowering the machine.
You need to use common sense whenever you are using any mod to any machine.
Most sales I have made in the past 18 to 24 months have been made for fuel economy increase as much or more than hp increase.

Plus I have made another arrangments with another mfg to sell there product,which may be more economical for the high cost modules.

Will post info soon.

Amax

·
Registered
50 Posts
JDmanitoba i agree with u john deere wants 15,000 dollars to go with a bigger combine 9670 to 9770 when all it is is horsepower, im really ticked they go into the computer and just flash the program and poof theres an extra $15000 dollars, makes me sick

1 - 20 of 29 Posts