The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are power chips worth the money, what brands are the best, are they difficult to install, looking at installing them in a 9660sts and a 9600. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would say they are worth the money, Shoup MFG has the cheapest prices Ive seen. I noticed a difference in fuel usage in a days run after adding the programmers. I use a bullydog from SHoup for the 9600 and it works well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Be carefull with those chips boys. Warranty is void, and fire insurance is void if found to be chipped. (probabaly not all insurance companies)

·
Registered
192 Posts
We had our 9650sts chipped with a chip from saskatoon diesel, in saskatoon, saskatchwan,canada. www.dieselservices.com all he he wanted was the serial and model # of the pump and he made us one that was selectable with a toggle switch 15% or 30% (no, you couldn't switch one the go when loosing power,have to shut the motor down,would be nice though). i'd say it was worth the effort.

·
Registered
778 Posts
With the Schlagel chips I've sold there's always been an increase in fuel economy. As far as warranty, they unplug in seconds and are not traceable on the ecu. The local dealer has been good with turning a blind eye. A lot of Deere dealers actually sell chips right over the parts counter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We have a schlagel and a bully dog and while they both make more power on the dyno that they are rated I personally like the bully dog for the 3 position switch

·
Registered
23 Posts
this is true but you have to know were to start.you will start blowin relief valves.all you are doing is telling the ecu that rail pressure isn't at desired.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts