The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for some feedback on some new products we will be manufacturing very soon.

Updated:

We will just be manufacturing the hopper pads, we will be doing the bin floors in the future or custom order

Precast Concrete Hopper bin pads. 16.5' and 19' x 14" octagon, 2 piece slabs.

Benefits to Precast Hopper pads
- Never loose the value of your concrete pad for your hopper. Move or sell the pad with the hopper
- Higher quality pad, being precast, it requires higher engineered specs, for example, stronger concrete, more rebar..
- once floor is delivered, bin can be put on immediately, as well as loading it with grain, no waiting for concrete to cure or waiting for contractors, ext..
- have the convenience of a skid mounted hopper, but have the security of it on a concrete pad

All precast slabs will be engineered for Alberta and Saskatchewan. These are made just North of Calgary, so delivery will be from there.

PRICING;

19' x 14" 2 piece pad- $6250
16.5' x 14" 2 piece pad- $5450

Pricing INCLUDES load/unload/placement of the pads, cost per kilometre for delivery is extra
Cost of delivery is cheapest when multiple pads are purchased

Order now and receive discounts, and get delivery by harvest!

Let me know what you think!

·
Site Sponsor
14 Posts
This is a good ideal and would simplify the whole process of buying bins . Good concrete needs no paint and does not rust. You might have to have more than one location that produces because of freight cost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Freight is a bit of a cost, but the cost is in the loading and unloading, so some extra miles in between isn't a big deal/cost.

The bin floors will be compatible for full floor aeration systems, and we are working on a built in system that is cast into the concrete

The hopper pads are designed so the hoppers don't need skids, that way,
- save the cost of skids.
- it bolts right to the pad and makes it easy to clean

The 19' hopper pads will be 16-18" thick (discussing a few things with the engineers)

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Will the two separate halves of the hopper pad be independent of each other or are they designed to interlock somehow?

Also, will your delivery trucks have the capability of unloading and placing the pads?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
How are you going to tie the two halves of the hopper bases together? I'd be worried about them settling differently.

Good idea. Been there done that and it worked good. I bought 6 hopper bins a couple years ago on concrete pads. 21'x20' by 8" (according to the owner). They were actually 13". On the 75% banned road out of the sellers place my tandem equipment trailer was only little overweight. :D Had lots of neighbours stopping in to check it out. The loading was the easy part. Unloading ~35 ton and setting on a levelled sand pad with a 22 ton crane is interesting to say the least. ;)

I guess I don't see how it will be cheaper than pouring in place? Maybe for 1 or 2 but a few? The site prep is the most time consuming I find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 2 halves of the bases do interlock, so then they cant separate. With them interlocking and the weight being evenly transferred, if it settles differently then it comes down to the base it was put on. It will actually spread the weight better than a cast in place base with a thickened edge because it is an even slab with alot more rebar than a normal pad, so the weight isnt just on an outside ring.

Depending on the delivery we should be comparable to cast in place, it also depends how expensive the concrete and contractors are in your area, we could be cheaper. The benefit being you can move or sell these pads, so even if they are more, you can get your investment out of it in the future. Its almost impossible if you cast in place. The quality and strength is way higher too, and not to mention the convenience of getting them delivered one day, and hoppers put on immediately after, and being done.

We will have a crane truck for deliveries, and with multiple pads going to one location then super b's will be used.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am looking for some feedback on some new products we will be manufacturing.

PRICING;

19' x 14" 2 piece pad- $6250
16.5' x 14" 2 piece pad- $5450

Pricing INCLUDES load/unload/placement of the pads, cost per kilometre for delivery is extra
Cost of delivery is cheapest when multiple pads are purchased

Order now and receive discounts, and get delivery by harvest!

Let me know what you think!
I don't think you will be very busy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When you calculate the cost for a cast in place pad, the labour, time, rebar, forming, and concrete, (plus the concrete cure time before bins can be put up) and build it to the hopper manufacturers specs, you will be very close to our pricing.
Yes you will pay a bit more for delivery with ours, but you will never loose the value of that pad. You will never retain your investment with a cast in place, if you move the bins off...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Not so sure I would never loose the value of the pad unless you are going to guarantee buying it back for the same price when I am done with it. There would be a fair cost to pick this back up and move to another place twenty miles down the road. You wanted to know what I thought, so just letting you know my opinion, others may love the idea. If you are not into pumpjack pads I would venture to say that would be an easier sell.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts