The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do an upgrade to my 9760. I am haveing a hard time getting white caps out especially in Glenn wheat. Have talked to the guys an Precision farm parts, and Kucher at the farm shows. They all say they can take care of the problem. The guys at precision want me to put there bars in and put a speedup kit for the discharge beater. I have never heard anything on the speed up kit. Anyone done this? He also wanted me to put in a loewen ajustable precleaner. Kucher just wants me to put his bars in he said his concaves dont work in glenn wheat. Also was wondering about Loewen. Will I get the same results with loewen? Loewen is probably about half the price. Anyone have any of these setups? How well does it work?

·
Registered
48 Posts
well hopefully you get a better response than I did, I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, and no responses!! I remember reading a post awhile back on Loewen's and how the guys really liked them for white caps, but can't seem to find it. I struggle with white caps every year (briggs) so I'm also looking for some help, hate to say it but my 2388's never had trouble
now the 9760's struggle, maybe its the varieties?

·
Registered
16 Posts
We put Kucher rasp bars and a concave in our 7720 and belive it made a major gain in capacity. Only did corn and beans with it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
We have the same problem, but to be fair we had it when we ran conventional machines too. Only thing was with the conventional machines you just choke the lower sieve down and it would fix it but you also loose capacity doing that. Anyway, another winter almost over and I still haven't come up with a solution to the white cap problem. I wonder if the Helical (SP?) concaves would work. One things for sure, rotor blanks aren't a good fix all they do is kill capacity and increase rotor loss.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I would go with the Loewen or Precision rotor parts. The Loewen elements are just simple replacements. Thats why they're cheaper. The Precison kit has larger elements that are put in re-calculated positions. You can get away with just changing the front concave. Precision has an extra-narrow wire concave that does not require filler strips. The Loewen low-wire concave does a better job of threshing than the stock one. Make sure you block that gap on the right side of the rotor above the concave support bar. Wheat heads can slip through there. Definitely go with the adjustable precleaner. I don't understand why Deere put a fixed precleaner in the STS's.

The discharge beater speed up kit will help if you have material staying in the rotor too long. If you pull back on the hydro handle while under full thrashing load and the engine rpm does not recover immediately then you need the kit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well farmertime I know at least around here last harvest it wasnt just the green ones having problems with white caps. The conventionals where doing a better job but almost all colors or rotories where in the same boat. The only exception was the R series gleaners

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does precision speed up kit help mostly in wheat, or has anyone found that to be beneficial in corn??? Sense is it would be in wet corn where we are taking in more wet foliage but didn't know???

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Well boys, just run the 8010, 8120 or 9120 then. Why keep trying to make a corn combine harvest grain!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts