The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My English is not very good, I try to write correctly,
We are starting precision farming now, we are trying it out
We have a mixed fleet of machines, Fendt (314,311), John Deere (8320), Berthoud 4240 (TrimbleGfx 750)
We work with three visible systems, I use the Jhon Deere Operations center, is it possible for all machines to work in this one system? Does data come in here from all the machines?
Fendt kml, Berthoud Agf use extensions, how can I upload them to the operations center?

· Registered
5,961 Posts
Trimble is the problem child. With the GFX 750 I believe you have to have a Trimble cloud subscription in order to export the data in a format that John Deere Op Center can import. This is one of the main problems with precision ag. Each manufacturer wants you to use their product exclusively, and they don't make interoperability easy.

I do not know about the others, but I think John Deere can import from them?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is how I see it completely, separate systems use separate file formats so that it cannot be used in one system by accident, the dealers do not even want to help if there is already a mixed fleet of machines

Researching the topic, I have found this much so far, the Trimble Ag software should be used, I have registered it, but I can almost only record the boards, without a subscription
Interesting, with the border maker, agf format is not allowed to be uploaded, but shp files are

I don't know if Fendt can work in trimble ag software

That's all I found so far, the operations center only found these files
Operations center files

I think the operatios center can somehow make these work, just in case anyone has had such a problem

· Registered
5,131 Posts
The Trimble solution is pretty decent and can read JD. Gone are the days you bought the software and we’re done. So it’s pretty much a subscription. Well probably all the company’s are that way now.
I still have the last version of farm works that you could own and haven’t given them a red cent since! 😂

· Registered
5,961 Posts
Like I said, Trimble locks up your data and you can't export it without a Trimble Subscription. See this thread: Import files from GFX750 into SMS Basic

Deere can import some of Trimble's 750 data, but not all. John Deere can read the .AgGPS files and the field data (boundaries, lines) but not the more important task data which is in the adt AgData format. That AgData format is always AES encrypted and the only way to extract data from it is via the Trimble Cloud. so without a subscription you can't get task data such as as-applied, yield maps, etc, into Op Center. That's why Trimble is to be avoided. This sort of behavior is unacceptable.

Yup everyone has a hand out and wants money from you every month. Some say it's just the way it is, but I think this is highly unethical to keep me from my own data, especially with the AES encryption that Trimble uses now. I will never buy a Trimble monitor newer than the EZ-Guide 500. Just not worth it.

At least with CNH the cn1 format is widely understood, and Deere's own formats are understood by various software packages. Plus there's ISOXML which helps a bit with interoperability.

· Registered
5,961 Posts
Sadly the only real solution to combining brands is to pay a third party, like Climate Fieldview or Farming Smarter, and capture the data in real time off the isobus. then it doesn't matter what GPS monitor you use. The yield, as-applied, and other ISOBUS data gets captured in real time to the cloud.

Or switch everything to one system, such as Deere or AgLeader.

· Registered
60 Posts
Sadly the only real solution to combining brands is to pay a third party, like Climate Fieldview or Farming Smarter, and capture the data in real time off the isobus. then it doesn't matter what GPS monitor you use. The yield, as-applied, and other ISOBUS data gets captured in real time to the cloud.

Weren’t their some guys on here who had some sort of open source isobus decoding? Would that be able to capture the data in real time?

· Registered
5,961 Posts
I recall something about a bluetooth to isobus adapter someone was working on but I think they must have run out of money as I never heard anything further about the device.

An open source system like that sure could capture data in real time. I have seen a list of PGN numbers someone started collecting for getting numbers out of john deere combines.

ISOBUS is a standard but it's expensive to get ahold of the documentation and not everyone follows it closely (and there are ambiguities in it). If we had an open source VT and Task controller, that would go a long ways to having an open system for data collection.

· Registered
508 Posts

There are other software companies that work and can import and output multiple formats. Ag-leader SMS, Sstoolbox, are a couple. Would need to buy a version though. I prefer desktop s/w that isn’t uploading to the cloud for data resale.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all, thank you all for your help

Can I still download this version somewhere?

Thanks for the link, so it is also available for me, the Agf file format is not compatible with anything, the trimble ag software cloud system is definitely necessary

I also tried to read an agf file with theSms program, but of course it didn't work,
It read the shp files

Does anyone not use Fendt? Kml file could not be scanned with the Sms program either

I am very grateful to Mr Schnellhardt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts