The Combine Forum banner

Pressure Washers

4K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  terracefarmer 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody bought one of those Magnum pressure washers from a ritchie bros sale or other auction? Are they chinese junk, can you get parts or are they just junk. Our old karcher one the pump quit on it so looking for a new one thinking hot water would be a nice feature but a hotsy or karcher are over $4000 can't justify that for the little bit we use it.

#2 ·
I've had one for two years, got a new pump from magnum, no issues. It wasn't the pumps fault.:redface: I've had some wiring issues, the ignition wire wasn't put on properly had to take the switch apart, and the machine kills the battery when running the burner, I haven't figured that one out yet. I'd guess I have 100hrs on it. Overall not a bad unit for the price. Mine is the magnum gold.

PUT OIL IN THE WATER PUMP BEFORE FIRING IT UP. Makes the unit about $500 cheaper. :redface:

#6 ·
Karcher and Aladdin make good washers, I recommend getting a good big one, they are a lot of money but if you like clean equipment it's worth every penny, think I spent 6 grand on my Aladdin about 6-7 years ago, it now has 1300 hours on it, it's time to go through the burner on it because it's starting to smoke a bit but all I have invested so far is a few hoses, wands and fuel filters, about every 250 hours it needs that

I was kinda broke when I bought it, told the banker I had bought it so when she had to come get my equipment it would at least be clean, the look on her face was priceless

The one before that lasted 16 years before the coil started leaking and the pump was pretty well done for

#8 ·
Got myself a 60gal gas hotwater heater on sale and use a Cat 310 SS pump with a 5hp electric in my well house. Get very hot water the first 15-20mins and gradually cools down on its own. The pump is almost 4gal/min and 2700psi. Great for washing grease and dirt off machinery just gotta be careful with the vechicals.

FWIW Mark

#9 ·
Mi-T-M is a good brand, made in Iowa and built with USA components and nothing in them is Chinese junk. They have commercial and also homeowner grade of units. I bought a used commercial unit a few years ago, not a single issue yet in many hundred hours of use, worn out several tip holders and tips, but nothing major. Nothing computerized and very simple to work on, they use general pumps and the burner is a basic unit pretty common anywhere and easy to get parts for, not really anything you need to go back to Mi-T-M for parts. Around here, the homeowner units John Deere sells, along with the cold water units they make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.