The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Xmas day the Ontario government was out 16 million dollars on hydro. (Ontario’s $16-million Christmas power giveaway | WCO | Wind Concerns Ontario }They are paying 3 or 4 times the normal rate for windmill and solar panels. Is this a price worth paying. Going broke smoking a Cuban cigar. Maybe we should introduce tier 4 tillage. If you cannot meet 30 % residue coverage you should be banned from being able sell it. Farmers will pay 10000 for a muffler so it should be able to get compliance.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If you cannot meet 30 % residue coverage you should be banned from being able sell it.
Or have something growing in the field to provide ground cover? (Ex. starting a hay field...)

Seems going green is all the rage these days, but I wonder how much governments really think about where the money is going. Don't get me wrong I see the need for renewable energy sources but if the country goes broke funding it then it wasn't sustainable in the first place was it? (Better to ease into it early than jump in with both feet later and drown in debt.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.