The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody able to simply pull the memory card out of the pro 600 and slide it into home computer with widows xp and simply view acres and yields--with no mapping--no pricey software???????

·
Registered
809 Posts
That is not possible. If you don't want to spend the money for the home software perhaps your seed dealer or a neighbor will download your data card and print the info for you

·
Registered
203 Posts
There was a disk in our combine when we bought it last year so I installed the program on my computer, and signed up for the free trial, and apparently it hasn't expired. They sent me an update disk but I didn't install it because then I would probably have to pay.

The Case dealer said that they will print maps.

I think the software should be free. There are many things you can do with it other than print maps. You can select certain areas of the field and look at yields, measurements, layer with satellite pictures and many things that I have no clue how to do. I can't believe that after you buy a combine and a $4,000 computer that they want another $700 so you can process your data.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't CIH use relabeled AgLeader Basic SMS software for their data management? AgLeader does not give anything away..........well,as torn has pointed out, not for very long anyway. CIH also uses AgLeader for the support of the software. Isn't the software cheaper from CIH than you can get it from AgLeader?

redsteel. if you keep updating your Pro600 with newer versions of software in it there will come a day when you put your data card in your home computer and you will find out that your home computer software is outdated.

I am on the yearly fee plan where I pay $150 or $175 a year and get unlimited service and upgrades of software.

I run a Pro600 in my combine and I plant with an Insight in my tractor for planter row unit control, tractor autosteer, and data collection. The 2 systems work very well together with the SMS software.......I can overlay planter maps with harvest maps...........lots of neat things.

·
Registered
998 Posts
With the new 88/20 series you can also view how much fuel you used in a certain field, l/ha, l/hr etc etc. It needs to be installed in the PRO 600 software by your dealer. I believe it was called trip computer.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think if you order an AFS ready combine you get the software. The software that comes with the combine is usually 1 or 2 versions behind what is up to date/current when you want to download your card after harvest though.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Not necessarily. Some guys don't want the software, so it's a separate item on the order sheet. You'll have to ask your dealer how he ordered it.

AFS combines all used to include the software, but that was changed for MY09 (or maybe 08, but I think 09), because some customers didn't want to pay for software they didn't use or want or already owned.

·
Registered
560 Posts
@rfishbiten - you can download a free trial of SMS from AgLeader's website. It will be fully functional for 21 days (I think), after which it locks down and requires registration/unlock. BUT, even locked down, you can still read data in and view summaries (no maps).

I believe the free Mapshots FO Viewer will do the very simple stuff you're looking for as well. http://www.mapshots.com/FODM/fodd.asp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After visiting and reading the faq. on mapshot.com, my computer illiterate gut tells me they will be able to obtain everybody's map and yield data and it will be placed in a "public domain" ; good for big business to leverage price hikes????? Anybody else think that?

·
Registered
809 Posts
If all you want is acres and yields, no mapping, you could just go into the Pro600 and write down the info that you want.

As far as a company putting yield info online from data cards. How would any of that correlate into much useful information?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think you are referring to information on this page:
http://www.mapshots.com/fodm/fodmfaq.asp

This does not refer to placing customer data in the public domain, but rather placing pieces of their software model in the public domain. Essentially making it available for other companies/individuals (i.e. Ag Leader, etc.) to use within their own software development projects.

One other note - these FAQs appear to be quite outdated. There are a couple of references to 2001.

Mapshots is a legitimate and well-respected company that was acquired by Pioneer almost exactly a year ago.
http://www.mapshots.com/ftp/weblinks/pdf/PioneerAcquisitionPR.pdf

·
Registered
560 Posts
Depending on your combine model, you could also use the Printer software and print your summaries into text files on your datacard. Saves the hand cramp of writing it all down...

Digital photos of the screen work too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts