The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 8120 combine. At the end of harvest when I put the combine in the shed I noticed that the Pro 600 display isn't fully booting up, it begins to boot and after a few seconds the screen goes black and the process begins over again. It does this continually. I linked a video showing what happens. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Have any ideas on how to troubleshoot it? The only thing I can think of is that I got some water where I shouldn't have when washing the combine off before I put it in the shed. I've made the mistake of being overzealous with the pressure washer before on other equipment so I'm pretty cautious with it now, so I don't think thats what happened, but its the only thing I can think of.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
How is the battery voltage? Is there a reset button on the monitor? Is it stuck?

I think I would supply a separate power if possible and see how it boots. Help to narrow down to just the monitor or not.
I have not seen that before. Hope you figure it out easily.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I made the mistake of switching the battery isolator off before the pro 600 had shut down, at my feet on the tractor but same screen loop.
If they can "grab" the screen with the EST it can be reprogrammed.
We couldn't with mine, hard drive is toast. I don't know if it can be fixed
Middle of seeding, needed it going, new screen fixed it

Edit to add: I took the display to the dealer, they put it in a combine to try and capture the hard drive. Saved a call out fee.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,691 Posts
Have you another 8120 you can try it in?

Basically they seem to be like any other electrical gadget, they just suddenly decide to bugger up..........

Had a 700 screen not booting up, then it wouldn’t show all the screen layout. Then it would stay on for half hour to hr on shut down procedure...........

It does talk to another brain box under the cab but I think it only receives data from it from other sources like yield, moisture, steering sensor etc etc

I just bit the bullet and got another new 700. They have come down in price to $3400 Aus.

I guess if your season is over you could wait another 10 mths and a 700 might be cheaper yet again.

I doubt it’s a water thing..............

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't have another machine I can plug the Pro 600 into, but I'll see if I can take it into my dealer and hopefully they can plug it into something.

I'll report back with the results.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our screen did the same thing in our CR9080 this summer. They tried to capture the screen with the tool but could never get it. Ended up having to replace it. It needs to boot longer/stay on longer to get the capture to work. Your's looks like its cycling too fast like ours did, looks like it's time for a replacement.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have seen this a few times before on 600’s and have not been able to capture them with an EST. Case reman can repair these now they have a three tiered system your dealer should have a price breakdown for you. Your dealer can send it in and if they select the lowest tier and Case determines they have to do more Case will contact the dealer who should contact you to make sure you are willing to proceed with the repair and it comes with a warrenty. Sorry to hear about this but at least it happened after harvest.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen this a few times before on 600’s and have not been able to capture them with an EST. Case reman can repair these now they have a three tiered system your dealer should have a price breakdown for you. Your dealer can send it in and if they select the lowest tier and Case determines they have to do more Case will contact the dealer who should contact you to make sure you are willing to proceed with the repair and it comes with a warrenty. Sorry to hear about this but at least it happened after harvest.
Yeah, I have a solid seven months to get it figured out, so at least time is on my side. Hopefully it can be repaired. Does anyone know if Ag Express can repair Pro 600s?

·
Registered
110 Posts
You might want to watch the Big Iron auctions, there are a ton of Pro700 monitors on there and they are bringing around $1300-$1400 USD right now, if you have a good relationship with your dealer they will probably load the software you need for nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Ag Express is worth calling. They can fix a lot of things the "manufactures" can't or won't. They have saved a few dollars over the years. A few thousand dollars.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took the Pro 600 into the dealer today. They are going to send it off to have it looked at. I'll let you all know when I hear back from them.

I did learn one thing though, without the display connected, you can't even start the combine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts