The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 08 8010 combine and instruction manual said to remove the pro 600 monitor over winter. Gets cold where I live (-40F), so I removed it. Curious if others remove theirs?

Have not hooked it up yet, hopefully info from 08 is still retained. I can tell you one thing, they could sure engineer an easier way to remove the monitor. Standing on your head to remove small bolts and unhooking the cable is retarded.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think it's a good idea to move it to warmer conditions.

There must be some good reason why they don't go to a ram mount in the combines. Off hand I have no clue what it could be. Ram mount sure is nice in the tractors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We never remove the pro600 monitor from our 8010 combine. Our winter temps get down to ten or fifteen below zero. Our machine is in a building but with no heat. The dealer advised us not to remove the monitor, because the 8010 will not move without the monitor installed.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Your dealer is mistaken. The machine will move and even harvest crop, even without the monitor installed. You will be essentially "blind" without the display, but the machine will work.

The Pro 600 ops manual recommends indoor storage during cold weather. Ask your dealer if he is willing to pay to replace a monitor that fails because you followed his recommendation instead of the official ops manual.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Torn is correct, I've move mine without the monitor when the pro600 was in a tractor for spring tillage. Kind of scary though, you have no instruments at all so you don't even know if you have oil pressure or have any idea how much fuel is in it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If they are a liquid crystal display, the pixels will actually freeze and will stop working, so you will have missing parts of letters or numbers. Learned the hard way on my JD Greenstar system. The killer is when someone jumps in the cab and turns the key on a really cold day, that's when it does the most damage.

·
Registered
117 Posts
we have unloaded combines off the truck in the dead of winter in sub zero weather and had the display so cold that it doesn`t even light up, we take it inside warm ite and it works fine. I agree it is a pain to pull it out and yes I have combined wheat without the screen It`s all good ha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts