The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the prior pro 600 version the auto steer engaged along with the header drop by using the resume button. With the new 21 version that option is not there and you have to engage the auto steer with the touch screen as a extra step on every turn. The resume button only drops the head, even if the shift button is used along with it the auto steer will not engage. Am I missing something? Seems like there should be a option for engaging the auto steer with the resume button. The prior version was in a 2008 8010 the new 21 version is in a 2009 8120.

·
Registered
560 Posts
guidance engage is now with a double-click of the SHIFT button (the button on the backside of the propel handle)

Header resume and guidance engage are no longer linked. So you can drop the head (Resume) and then engage guidance (double-click SHIFT), or vice versa.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Torn, that is a welcome change in my opinion. I had a few close calls with the auger wagon by having the auto-steer engage when I pushed the resume button. From what I remember the thing would engage backward........if you had the autosteer system enabled and had an active line but you were manually steering and pushed the resume button at the end of the field to raise the header the auto-steer would try to engage.

·
Registered
560 Posts
glad to help

For reference, the change starts with Axial-Flow combine software version 21.4.1.0.

Same change also applies to 88 series combines, starting with software version 21.2.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am glad someone knows what the deal was, my dealer sure didn't. They came out and updated the software but then no autosteer whern using the resume button. I know it seems lazy, but when you are trying to get going after you turn it was a pain to remember to hit the auto enagage button on the screen. Good change, just wish someone would have told me before wheat harvest!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank you for the info I spent all wheat harvest trying to figure out how to engage autosteer besides using the screen my dealer didn't know either. Luckily it was only 150 acres! I agree that is a good change seperating the two.

·
Registered
560 Posts
one of the biggest changes (from 16 to 21) is yield monitor calibration wizards to help make the process a little more user-friendly.

lots of other changes, too, depending on your model.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Torn i hope thats good and not bad...lol

You never know do you till you get the new software...

We've had great luck with the combine software and data later on...

I do wish i could get the acres closer to being right... but with two combines i can never do the area calibration...

Torn also im running that pro 600 with the raven 460..and my product area comes out near what my raven 460 showes for area....but when i go to calibration and go back to the field and the acres are 20 acres high....

ive done 12 different fields and calibrated them and no good...

on my reports i just make sure to use monitor data.....not spatial..

·
Registered
560 Posts
Travis - so your Product Area is close, but your Field Area is higher on the Pro 600 than actual?

What do you mean when you say you've calibrated 12 fields and "no good"?

·
Registered
809 Posts
On another website torn said something about being able to run the larger compact flash cards with the monitor now. Maybe he will come on here and clarify that.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

yeah exactly.....if u go to calibration theres just one tab says area..

then I bring up a field and its always 20 acres over...... so I put in actual acres and to the right I hit yes for calibrate and it doesn't seem to help...I've done that to 12 fields in that menue.

I reallly like the pro 600 for spraying...I hope they bring that cable out soon so it will run my sprayer and no more raven460

also they need to make the product characters longer.... I have top shorten chemical names a lot...

1 qt at/24oz Rup in other words.... which makes sense to me but it would be nice if u could put in the full name...

·
Registered
560 Posts
what do you mean when you say "it doesn't seem to help"?

The Area Calibration only fixes the Field you calibrate. It doesn't do anything to any other Fields. So if you spray 12 Fields, it would make sense that you have to calibrate 12 Fields.

But if you're consistently 20 acres high, that would seem to indicate that your distance calibration is off. Are you using radar or GPS speed?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Raven is useing radar..and its accurate....

does the pro 600 go off of gps?

I didn't know that the calibration just did per field...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I still can't believe they call it the "shift" button. "Alt", "Control", or "Option" would have been better. You put mechanical people in a machine with a button called shift and they think it has something to do with the transmission.

·
Registered
560 Posts
that's an interesting point. Also interesting that I've never heard anyone else raise the same point, because I do think it's valid.

I wonder if there was a formal decision to call it the "shift" button, or if that was just an internal name that just became so commonly used that it just stuck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts