The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
WOW...
.... I only paid like $1,760 for each Pro 600. I think it came up to $2,200 with the harness and installation for each. Of course they took my old monitors with them. The list price is like $4,600 I think.

·
Registered
560 Posts
well, you can run, but you're running blind. The machine will still harvest, but you have no alarms, no feedback, no "gauges", etc.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What monitors did you trade in I could have got a used universital display for $2500 but I had another 8010 that had the 600 monitor and it seemed to be more labor friendly

·
Registered
975 Posts
We traded the original Universal Display Plus for each. It was part of the upgrade program CaseIH had. The thing that made us switch was one they told us that they were not making anymore of them. That if the UDP broke later after the program and could not be fixed it would cost us $4,000+ to upgrade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kind of monitor did they have before the universal display, a standard smaller one like a 200 or something, and did I not read late last year of some 8010's that had been updated to the 600 have a horsepower issue due to the software not being compatable with the injectors or was that a different issue?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Universal Display Plus was the first monitor used in the AFX8010. Then for MY07 and 08, you had the choice of the 200 or Pro600. For 09, Pro600 only.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Display software has nothing to do with engine power.
Take a display from a 09 combine put it in a 2003 combine, no change in power.

·
Registered
560 Posts
My guess is that it most likely had nothing to do directly with the display or display software. But the display software is written to be compatible with certain engine software. If your display software was compatible with older engine software, then you might have had performance issues because of the engine software. To fix your problem, they updated the engine software. To make the display work with the new engine software, they had to update the display as well (and CCMs, RHM, etc.) So you're only noticing the new Pro600 software, but there's a lot more going on behind the scenes.

·
Registered
560 Posts
again, not the display but the engine software. I don't know specifically how engine software would ruin injectors, but I can think of even fewer ways that display software would do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts