The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if I can take our planting records from our 1200 planter and the pro 600 and put them in the 600 in the 8010, so it will tell me what variety i am harvesting? Anyone done this before?

·
Registered
560 Posts
no you cannot, at least in the current software.

You can import your planting data into the desktop, create boundaries around each variety, then export those boundaries back to the combine. This will let you see where each variety is, but it won't tell you what the variety is or automatically assign it to your harvest Task.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Torn that would be nice to have where your task's get loaded back on each field...just name no data...

then i wouldn't even have to type in my first task name..

also the cut width is pathetic..on these new montiors... the flip sides ect.....

Just got back to the old style left to right...and keep it that way....

Besides that and the dumb performance button on the main screen i really like this monitor and system

·
Registered
560 Posts
Tasks are specific to a vehicle, so you can't reuse the same Task for different operations.

The cut width is not very user friendly, IMHO, but it does allow the user to create more accurate maps than with the old system.

I guess I don't mind the Performance button. I use it the same way I used the Utility >> Summary button on the b/w displays. It has the same type of info. Also lets you set your Grower, Farm, etc, if you don't want to set it up on a Run screen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They told us that variety tracking (from planting to spraying to harvest) should be available on the next software update for the display. One would think that something that logical and useful would have been moved through the system and to the customer sooner. It's a common request that I get when working with customers on both the planters and the combines.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Well tell them calling that button performance is retarted... Utility like the other guy said makes since..

performance??? whats that button for...am i going to tweak the engine or change something on speed somewhere?

also glad im not the only one that gets tired of the cut width bar..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts