The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
I just installed Viper 4 in my N-H SP240 F because I couldn't get the sprayer to run straight enough between corn rows with Trimble. Up to now, Raven is even worst. The deal was if they get it to run straighter I buy it. Seems like if they don't find a solution within the next week, they'll get their system back.

Other than that, Viper 4 is working ok. Communication with the sprayer was great. Easier to clean up the sprayer with this display and it was automatically turning off 4 wheel steer when engaging the autosteer. Things I didn't like was I find they are working backward by selecting you job and then your field. You quickly end up with your job menu filled up with completed job and it's kind of confusing if you want to go back to a job you started a week before. Also, instead of seperating the guidance lines in the selected fields, if you save a guidance line, it will be save with all the other guidance lines you've saved before so it's kind of a pain.

Viper 4 is pretty fast and I like how you can customize your field display. Like the fmx display, it's missing a summary function where you could go see how many acres you've sprayed this year or total acres from one customer etc... I really like that feature on the Pro 700. All in all it's 2 good displays. they all got their pros and cons. If it's your only display, it's not a big deal to change, if you have other ones, it's nice to have something where your can transfer field info and guidance lines from one to the other. That was my biggest issue with Raven since I already have 2 Trimble displays and trying to do some traffic control.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.