The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with John Deere's Pro Drive on 70 series combines? Have heard of trouble encountered in really muddy conditions with one tire slipping causing the combine to get stuck. What is the difference between the origional hydrostat drive and the Pro Drive in relation to the 4wd system?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have not heard of that issue, forage harvestors in the area that are running pro-drive say they are awesome in mud not sure what the diffrence would be from a combine. Always thought that combines should have had a lockable diffrential system for the front tire system and done away with indepentant rear wheel motors and gone to central diffrential with mechanical linked planetaries that could be lockable diffrential as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
would have the pro drive over 3 speed any day
foragers get auto diff lock and anti slip no sure about combines

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
Pro Drive in the 70 series have a diff lock button . . . use it

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure but according to the John Deere website the specs. show that only the 9870's have diff. lock

·
Registered
400 Posts
this is correct, for MY09 prodrive was 9870 only, for MY10 both 98's and 97's will have optional prodrive, with only 98's having diff lock. there are a few other differences, from what i can find, the 98's have about 5,000 more ft/lbs of torque @ 5 mph

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's wierd... why isn't diff. lock standard on all pro-drive combines?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts