The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , I have a quick question and it's a easy answer but I can't figure it out
I have done a field off wheat but now it needs replanting an now I go onto the screen an the AB lines are there but the colour screen with the colour showing where I have been before is still
The question is how do I get rid of it but still the AB lines

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I have a related question about a Pro 700. I have used this thing for two springs now for planting, but always just with headings or the occasional A-B line and really have no complaint.

The drill in use for the first spring had markers that I preferred to use on headlands to do a tidy job. Now we are using an even larger drill and counting exclusively on the guidance system. Most of the time, if the visibility is decent I just drive the headlands by hand and watch the moving map if I'm uncertain.

The last couple of days I became determined to make it steer around the second and third headland on its own. I can record a field boundary, or a curve, or a spiral but it will always give the message that it is too far from the swath to engage and to drive closer.

These fields have no pre recorded boundaries, is that the problem? I only want a machine to pull into a field and work right now. If I get lost, I'll look for a retarded map that looks like a preschooler made it, I know what the field looks like, I've seen them before.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Only have a pro600 but should be the same
I use curve to record a line around the piece / paddock / field and then come back and reuse it every time without setting boundaries . It may say turns are to tight but it recalibrates them
So when it says get closer are you to far away or if you get closer it is to close ?
Is the swath width correct ?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The swath width is perfect for running headings or A/B lines. It says drive closer when you are hand driving it on the next pass. I never really tried to see how much overlap it would need to allow auto engagement, but I think it would almost be centered on the last pass.

It seems like a setting is wrong in there, but the one I want to change is firewalled.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The answer to creating a spiral swath pattern with continuous driving without a pre recorded boundary may have been caused from my stop points. I wrongly assumed I should start recording, drive the boundary to close the loop, and press stop record.

According to the book it's important that you stop parallel to your start point on the next inside swath slightly less than a full swath width over from the start point. Thus creating the spiral rather than a loop. Maybe next season. Just blazing though some wet spots now.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Go to tool box, then nav. Set the minimum turning radius to the smallest value you can for the particular implement you have. Record a boundary on your first pass. Select your pattern type as field. Create from boundary. Make sure you have swath manage on one of the run screens. Go into swath manage and select how many headlands you want. Also select which direction you want the interior lines. Toggle between interior and headland passes in swath manage. Once you have the boundary and the field pattern saved, it will actually steer the first and second pass for you if it is on Rtk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.