The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got our John Deere 9570 sts and I was just playing with it in the yard, I noticed when I raise or lower the head a loud chime comes on. I find the sound to be very annoying
after a period of time. Does anyone know how to turn-off or reduce the sound? If so, let's hear about.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To eliminate this sound you could set your record stop height above your #1 preset on your control handle. This way it wouldn't chime when you go from position 1-2-3. If this sound bugs you wait till you get to the field. This is one of the nicer chimes.

·
Super Moderator
3,977 Posts
This is no help for you but I, like you, are getting so tired of bogus, useless, big brother alarms.
There everywhere.
Makes the little boy that cried wolf seem like a genius and a treasure.
It high time the consumer could program whatever he thinks matters.
And don't give that liability crap, I'd sign off in a second.
Fortunately I'm not bitter.

Don

·
Registered
36 Posts
I cant help but to think that this was the sound to let you know that your head has passed your setpoint for recording. Nice little reminder when trying to correctly yield map a field, saves the trouble of looking down at the display to see if the system is still recording.....

·
Registered
235 Posts
It will also beep and buzz at you when you swing your unloading auger out and engage it...if you are unloading on the go it will also beep at you untill you disengage the unloading auger...kind of annoying at times

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it was running full speed and I have talked to the dealer and they sad all 70 sts combines in canada have this loud chime for lowering and raising the head and they have no Idea yet on how to fix it. I guess it's just another canadian safety rule on farm equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts