The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As for the noise, put the rotor in neutral to see if it goes away. That will tell you if it's in the rotor or cleaning system. It sounds like it may be coming from the fan

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
If you are talking about the sump are of the lower unload tube...it kinda sucks to replace. Don't know if i did it the easiest way, but you have to take the drive gear box out, the horizontal augers out, and the ratchet for the concaves has to come off. Probably would make it easier to put the combine on blocks and take that tire off too, but we didn't want to do that so we faught it in. Its pretty much a 2 day job, and a 2nd person really helps too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
we went out the top with ours. I disconnected the horizontal unloading tube and slid it back enough to get the auger out the top. Saved me having to mess with the concaves wrench that way too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed a crease in the sheet metal to the left of the unloading auger cleanout door. Looks like the unloading tube is buckling. What's the most effecient way to change the bottom tube.

Also, noticed a loud deep whirling sound when engaging the rotor during harvest. The sound changed with speed of the throttle. Most of the time the noise would go away with the rotor loaded fully.

Any help would be appreciated!

Wilson

·
Registered
32 Posts
make sure of the vertical auger flighting while it's out. Ours was done right at the top and I had it reflighted while it was out of the machine

·
Registered
293 Posts
On the noise you are hearing when you engage the seperator.
I had the same thing happen on our first job down south and the hired man described the same noise.
Check the strips on the rotor behind the bars, the bolts had come out of that machine and the thing was hanging and scraping on the cage by one bolt. Took just a couple of minutes to fix, but forever to find the problem. Maybe this helps, I hope it's something simple like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts