The Combine Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
What the joke about Good Years? Good for one year. I know I know don't quit my real job

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Actually the CEO of Titan said that they will not warranty tires any longer if not mounted on the proper rims... how many failures are caused by using the same rims guys put their 30.5-32 tires on?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What needs to happen then is the factory needs to not mount these 900 metric tires on any rim other than the heavy duty one with strong sidewall steel ring. They are probably charging us for it anyhow, just not getting it on our machines. Please factory dudes-----TIGHTEN UP

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The only rim should be the one a 35.5 x 32 is mounted on. It is heavy duty, wish I had picture to show the difference. Somehow you guys got confused with tire size. I started with the 900 metric tire and forum got to talking about 30.5. The 27 inch rim pulls the sidewall inward and therefore cuts into the bead of tire. Will try and get pictures of the 2 different rims that deere is using for 35.5 x 32 tires. Just because it is allowed dont mean it works. Deere just puts the rims on and then its up to the tire manufacturer to fix if something goes wrong with tire. When it actually isnt the tire at all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had five 9770 this year with 900 firestones on the front and we ran them all year on the Us, Canadian harvest run and put 800 sep hours on our combines and had no problems at all, the last couple years we had goodyear and titian 800 70 38 tires and we repalced over 20 of them in 2 years. Titian wich also makes Goodyear make crappy tires period...

·
Registered
400 Posts
we have had the same luck with the 900's also......in the first year.

its the second and third year that give major problems. add a large chopping corn head and a grain tank extension and the time frame shrinks pretty fast

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hey guys its wet as where I'm harvesting in rice at the moment in a John Deere cts and bogging like like no tomorrow witch is burning out my Hydro I'm looking to go from 35.5x32 to 90065r32 Goodyears for more flotation witch will cost $12000 but after reading this convo it sounds like they are no good??

·
Registered
3 Posts
new to this , i am looking at up-grading combines. currently run a 7720 with 220 bean head and a6-30 corn head. Have been offered a jd 9400 with 1100 seperator hour and a 9610 with 2100 seperator hour, both of these have been offered at the same price. Any thoughts?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts