The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 930f and a 9750 sts combine and i just cant figure out how to make the header not push of mostly where the wobble box is even when the ground is dry i pretty much have to run it on the most sensitive setting especially if there are a few leaves and it will still push up i have had this problem for the past two years ive bought two diff headers and had the problem wit both of them what am i doing wrong,we farm about 4500 acres of beans andy help would be greatly appreciated, just fyi john deere is no help the johndeere places around here there service dept. sucks they dont know half the time they come out to do anything i usually end up showing him how to do something,so hopefully somebody on here can help.. thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes we used a neighbors at the end of last year finishing up didnt even calibrate it and it worked a whole lot better i looked at the way they had theres set and copied that still doesnt work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tom is right you will first need to perform a header calibration to the combine,and if all goes ok and no codes show up all should be ok,a simple check i do is if i suspect the sensing is not working is to use either the lateral tilt to tilt the head while its off the ground to either the left or to the right or manually lower the head to the ground and mash it hard to the ground.
the separator does not have to be on but the electric clutch switch will need to be on,then when you lower the head from an extreme tilt as soon as the head touches the ground surface it should start to level on its own and not go down and just stay there at what ever angle you started from meaning either left or right,the same goes for the header from its mashed state on the ground as soon as you let go of the manual lower switch the head should raise back up to ground cutting height.
there is also a way to check the combine's accumulator system with the head on the unit even without any gauges,also if codes pop up and kick you from header calibration you can see which ones there are and check pot voltages onboard at 3 controller address's i believe they are E01-22-24-26
HOPE THIS HELPS

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have a 9650 STS with 20.8x42 duals, and we had a 930F that was nothing but trouble for pushing and shoving dirt. Turns out we needed a wedge kit to adapt the header to the taller tires on the combine. The wedge kit changes the angle of the header - because of the taller tires, the header pointed down farther, the kit installs on the feederhouse opening and levels it out. Solved the problem for us.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks yea ours has 35.5 /32s do u think it would need one,or how do u determine if you need one? I really do appreciate everybodys advice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
had the same prob with my 918 found out the end snoot was bent up were the platform and snoot meet on the platform couldnt see walking by or even up close fed up with the deere electritions not mechanics tell me it was the ground did some measurements and balancing on flat ground it was up just a little hope u understand what i said im a farmer not a scholar lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our dealer told us about the wedge kits, that's where I would go for more info and which tire sizes need it. Seems to me there was something else about it in either the combine or header operator's manual, so that would be a good place to check as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thing we found was we had 2 springs out of adjustment on the corner where the wobble box is, the book on the head tells what they should be set at, this helped us a bunch not a total fix but made big difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 9650 STS with a 630F head. I put a 3 degree wedge kit on the head, a new AHC board on the combine, a new key pad on the console, added a single point hookup and a new pad on the upper corner post display to make it work. Also, you need to have your dealer program the electronic components you added with Service Advisor. If I had it to do over I would have just traded for a 60 or 70 series combine or stayed with a 900 series head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts