The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard that people with the bullet rotor combines had a lot of engine troble. my neighbor bought like three new combines and i asked him why they didn't get the bullet. and he said that they have had alot of engine troble with them. is this true?

·
Registered
778 Posts
The design of the Bullet Rotor vs. a normal rotor has nothing to do with the engine. That sounds like a BS rumor to me. If anything, a Bullet is slightly better for the engine because of easier and smoother threshing.

·
Super Moderator
4,419 Posts
hobbs2050

I think there was something about turbos cracking and causing fires on the 9 Liter engine last year? Fairly common I think. (while any is too many).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Alex, reported a blown turbo on his harvest run. There has been an update to replace the turbo actuators on the 9.0L

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I blew my turbo and another combine we had was starting to experience similar problems when I left, so there could be a problem with something on/or dealing with the Turbo itself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
PIP on the actuators was issued by Deere. Replacement of actuators. Original ones had corrosion problems. New ones are supposed to be sealed better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.