The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Anyone have a bit of a procedure list on the correct/easiest way to pull and re-install a set of walkers on a 9600? any hints or tips would be appreciated, things I should be watching for start to finish.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did it on a 9500 a few years ago. Start taking the back end off above the straw chopper, the chopper can stay in. There are a lot of bolts and plates. The rear bearing blocks are obviously easy to access, the front not as much. There are access plates on each side that I crawled into. Lay a sheet of thin plywood or something in there to lay on cause it's not comfy in there...trust me. I would take one out at a time and put the new one back in right away. It takes a bit of manuevering to get them in and out. Rotate the crank so the one you are working on comes out easier. There is a timing/balancing procedure for tightening them back in and it involves spinning the machine over by hand. I don't remember it exactly, someone on here should be able to chime in on that. It's not too terrible of a job, takes a little time. It's best to have 3 people for this one. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
We did our 9610 a while back and you do need 3 people for this, one skinny to get in on the walkers, and 2 strong lads to lift them out. I would recommend a stubby angled rattle gun as a minimum for this task as it will save you hours. rollig was spot on...remove one at a time. Removing the inspection covers on the sides gives you easy access to pass the tools inside and for them to hand the bolts back out.....remove the grease lines, you may need to remove the curtain aswell. We replaced the shafts, outer bearings, blocks, and the plastic wear dividers which I would do while they are out. Start on an outside one first so you can help remove some of the bolts for the person inside, once that ones gone it can make more room for them! Have fun and expect to find more stuff that needs fixing!

·
Registered
653 Posts
You need to take out the shaker pan, and lay plywood or cardboard on the chaffer. You have lots of room then. You can do it by yourself but it realllly sucks. Make sure that the cranks are turned down when u take one out so it has room to pick up.

Timing.

Put all the walkers in and leave them just a tad loose. Spin the machine around 5-6 times then tighten them up.. Thats all there is too it. If you take out all the walkers at one time or you need to replace a crank while you are doing it. You can get the crank 180 degrees off and it wont time or work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts