The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Have your dealer make sure all the controllers have the latest software especially the PTP. Then have them warm the oil and do a full PTP calibration. If it still shifts rough have them go to DTAC solution 90721 to optimize the Pro Drive transmission. Also as farmerjones stated have them change PTP address 105 to number 1 so it does't shift when the speed range button 1 is pressed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The salesman rode with me while it shifted. He saidi just wanted you to see how loud and rough the shift is and that is normal. They are supposed to shift like that and apparently they have had good luck with these transmissions.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can now access all 4 of the ProDrive shift patterns, presently using number 4 which locks the transmission in either 1 or 2.

To shift from 1 to 2, the hydro handle has to be brought back to the neutral gate before it will engage 2nd gear, move the handle out of the neutral gate
and it will accelerate to the preset groundspeed in 2.

To downshift from 2 to 1, handle to neutral gate, press 1, handle forward, the
groundspeed decelerates to the preset groundspeed set in position 1.

Transmission will automatically downshift if high load is detected and then
upshift at the normal shift speed.

DTAC solution 90721 applies to the 9870, not the S series.

I wanted to be able to lock in the preset groundspeed in 1 as we are probably
going to have to run the grain to the trucks, not everyone I work for has a cart. The ground here in western Manitoba is very, very wet.

MS

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
You want the trans to never shift while working in the field. Just be locked into range 1. You have up to 10 mph In this mode so works perfect for in field work. Just clime up any hill, no shifting and max torque available at any time. If you need to drive faster than 10 mph or road select two. Trans now can shift between range one and two so perfect for roading or fast driving. Make sense? No need to shift during harvesting, just an annoyance. I'm in North Dakota now and max out prodrive up these hills with a loaded tank. I never use the second range in the field anyways, just lock it out of the shift program for one
You just don't get t do you. 10mph is to slow and that's were pro drive wins is its harvest speed vrs 3speed. Not uncommon for 20kmhr here.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,975 Posts
We've had a couple of clunky ones. A re-calibration by a JD mechanic usually softens them up. Did with our two anyway. Takes about 5 mins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.