The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Talking to some people they have mentioned hiring professionals who approach people and look to buy land. Now it is just on behalf of someone, but let's say the seller doesn't like you or doesn't want to sell you their land but if u provided an offer to good to pass up through the professional purchaser, and they agree to sell type of thing.

Does this thing exist like a few guys have mentioned to me before? If so...who?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I did this for the same reason, I just asked a realtor. I was gonna pay him something like 1% on my end. Some of the old guys (at the time) wouldn't sell to me.. But since then I've done some custom work for them at a very large discount, now they all like me!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I've seen this happen before around here although probably in a much more elaborate way then what the original poster and for sure how lambear describes his experience. Yes, it was all about a farmer or farmers who did NOT want to sell to the colony and that was that. Well along comes someone unknown to the farmer who seems like a legit buyer and claiming to want to farm the land and had a "partner" who was the actual buyer ... but it was a scheme between the slime ball realtor who knew the ultimate outcome off the start and yet was supposed to be working for the farmer to sell his land. So it got bought up, then the person who was claiming to farm it says his wife didn't want to move up here after all so darn ... now what as his partner who fronted the money was left holding the bag ( obviously that's a laugh ) as this investor was scheming all along to grab this land that he knew the colony was crapping over to buy. Then up the selling price dramatically and it ultimately ended up in the hands of the colony. In these cases it wasn't the colony who pulled the scheme but someone who knew how much hate the farmers had for colonies in general and created s scheme that greatly benefited himself with the help of said total slime ball lying realtor to pull it all off. Apparently the same investor and realtor have done this a few times around here and each time the land ended up in the colonies hands.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Don't colonies have enough land....Seems like everyone of them has thousands upon thousands of acres already.....we don't have any colonies real close here, but there are quite a few...
Umm.... Nope, do the BTO have enough??? They seem to always want more......does the average farmer have enough??? He always wants more.......and the list goes on.
Now that we had very low interest rates and land values going up, investment companies are looking for more to, inflating prices more.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Don't colonies have enough land....Seems like everyone of them has thousands upon thousands of acres already.....we don't have any colonies real close here, but there are quite a few...
Colonies are splitting constantly as they grow so need more land and they seem to have lots of money so pay WAY more than the locals will pay.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Blue Oval Man is spot on, the colonies keep breeding like flies and they branch off into another colony and I liken it to cancer, two cells divide into four and so on. Remember, they only buy the land once in the "family" as there is no such thing as selling the land to the next generation and taking out bank loans to pay for it all over again at the going market price of the day. So because of this they can afford to pay once and take out longer term loans if need be to swing it and the average single family farmer doesn't have a hope in **** of competing with that. That is why the colonies have gotten such a foothold in Canada and just keep on expanding and sucking up smaller farms constantly. Its not to say they are all bad people as that isn't my point, its just that their system works better in order to get and keep land within the entity.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That is very true Northern Farmer, like in my case, if I want my parents land, I have to pay for it and that would be the third time this land has been payed for in our family already. I don't have a silver spoon when it comes to land being given to me, but I am still very thankful for all my parents have done for me over the years. I definitely see the advantage the colonies have, but I am not sure I would enjoy living or working with my relatives.. actually, I am pretty sure I wouldn't ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've seen this happen before around here although probably in a much more elaborate way then what the original poster and for sure how lambear describes his experience. Yes, it was all about a farmer or farmers who did NOT want to sell to the colony and that was that. Well along comes someone unknown to the farmer who seems like a legit buyer and claiming to want to farm the land and had a "partner" who was the actual buyer ... but it was a scheme between the slime ball realtor who knew the ultimate outcome off the start and yet was supposed to be working for the farmer to sell his land. So it got bought up, then the person who was claiming to farm it says his wife didn't want to move up here after all so darn ... now what as his partner who fronted the money was left holding the bag ( obviously that's a laugh ) as this investor was scheming all along to grab this land that he knew the colony was crapping over to buy. Then up the selling price dramatically and it ultimately ended up in the hands of the colony. In these cases it wasn't the colony who pulled the scheme but someone who knew how much hate the farmers had for colonies in general and created s scheme that greatly benefited himself with the help of said total slime ball lying realtor to pull it all off. Apparently the same investor and realtor have done this a few times around here and each time the land ended up in the colonies hands.
we had a realtor trying the same crap with us essentially and we didn't even want to sell any land, Tom Dell Rempel out of Brandon so watch him if he comes around.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wouldn't care so much what Hutterites do as long as it was on a level playing field. We let them make huge advances in wealth while hiding under the skirts of religion and therefore paying little or no taxes until recently. they get all the health, road ect. benefits as the rest of us without paying for it. The other significant advantage they still enjoy is never having to pay capitol gains on their land. When my parents passed away the first one in line was Revenue Canada wanting their share before the estate could be settled, Hutterites seem to be exempt from this. I'm no fan of theirs but on a per capita basis they don't likely have the land many others do, let alone what some of the BTO's do, I just think we need to level the playing field.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.