The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering does anyone know where to get propane tanks re certified (not cylinders) i.e 500 and 1000 gallon tanks. I talked with coop but they are only doing the ones that they rent out for the foreseeable future. From what I understand the new regs grant a grace period until 2024. So old tanks as long as they are sound and are 250psi rated can be filled until 2024. However after that they need to be re certified. It doesnt sound like a real big deal to do, but have not been able to find out who does it yet, does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
Puddles have you been able to find a source of used 1000 gallon propane tanks? They seem very hard to find them for sale. Everyone wants to rent you one but if you use it every few years it seems better to own one. I have a great set of running gear for a 1000 gallon propane tank that I would sell if someone is intersted.

·
Registered
321 Posts
There is an outfit East of Lethbridge that re-certifies and refurbishes larger tanks. Mostly for Superior Propane but I guess they will do others.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Puddles have you been able to find a source of used 1000 gallon propane tanks? They seem very hard to find them for sale. Everyone wants to rent you one but if you use it every few years it seems better to own one. I have a great set of running gear for a 1000 gallon propane tank that I would sell if someone is intersted.
This is now against Transport Canada/TSASK rules. Ya it sucks but there has been a huge clamp down on all Propane companies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts