The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a o6 challenger 670, same as 9790 MF, what are the pros and cons compared to the R62 that I have been running. What is the best way to replace the cover over threshing part of rotor, do I have to remove rotor? Which concave are best in soybeans.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If I understand your 1st question correctly the answer is yes. We have Gleaner A75 and it is the same as 670. It looks impossible to find room to work from top. As to your 2nd question..is it a corn/soybean machine? If it is, then the concave that is in it will work fine. If it is a wheat machine then you need to ask harsh!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have been doing wheat today with the 670 it seems to overload the sieve on the second spacer from the left side. what can I do to remedy this, tried to adjust diverter didn't help much. Running 900 cyl spd. concave .10, 3 fill plates in.

·
Registered
348 Posts
take fill plates out 17mm top 10mm bottom 1200 1250 fan 930 rotor ii concave this all in metric as in oz if needed put fill plate on 2nd, back deflector 10 mm off worked 4 me or right thumb width top pinkie side bottom max air rotor anywhere from 850 to 930 to suit conditions have fun

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks i'll try taking cover plate 1 and 3 out. right know I have 1/2% FM grain sample. I cant believe how this will eat wheat, just will run it over the shoe on one side I'll try your settings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts