The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want straight up answers from those of u that have operated and owned these machines. I dont want any crap or color wars started here. I am all about business and business only. I dont care about brands or colors it doesnt matter as long as the job is done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I traded a 9550 walker to get the 9670STS. 8 row corn head, 25ft platform.

The difference is night and day especially in soybeans. It don't grunt/groan in beans like the walker did, easy to set and i go 5.3mph easy. In corn the only problem is that its a "little" more picky than the walker to get the same quality of clean grain and none on the ground.

Have covered 1500 acres corn and 1500 acres soybeans with no issues other than wishing I had traded sooner.

·
Registered
566 Posts
very nice machine very little down time with it. although we do have a little trouble with keeping corn in the machine on certain numbers usually cause of light test weight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the bullet rotor is hard on wet corn! 3 times worse than the old rotor. in our parts nobody is happy with them! alot of green guys sitting on the fence for a colour change if deere don't fix the problem for next year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I picked some 28-33% corn with no more damage than I would've had with walker. Friends with other sizes and "colors" had no more or less damage with proper settings for wet corn.

·
Registered
50 Posts
have a 9670 with a 12 row 22" corn head and 635f head. cut 1,000 acres of corn and 800 of soybenas, love the combine and the heads everything performed flawlessly overall, ure minor belt or bearing mishap but nothing we couldnt handle. great machine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow ur saying there as good as your walker machine. thats not setting your standard very high on the grain quality side of things. but your right the grain quality is comparable to a walker in higher moisture corn. there is no comparision between the bullet and afx. the bullet isn't even close. we receive grain from both machines and own two sts. is it isn't easy for me to admit this but there is some major problems with the bullet grinding!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Greenreseeder, your looking for an argument that "we" are not going to have. If your unable to comprehend what my full statement is, then your free to nit pic one part of it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
What concaves are you running? The round bars tend to cause more damage than the large wire as the moisture gets higher. Most corn was a loss here this year due to mold but the beans were very tough and hard to thrash. Round bars were not working well at all. The large wires far outperformed them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts