The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to switch our 9500 two wheel drive to PRWD. Is there any tricks or complications that i need to be aware of? Our 9500 is the early production and the one we are getting the PRWD off of is also early production. Any and all replies appreciated. TIA Paul

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: PRWD - 9500

Well for those interested we got the rwd off the wrecked 9500 and installed on our bine and it ha slowered the back end by about 6" so I guess we will be putting a bit larger tire on the back. Whole project was about 8hrs. for 2 of us.

·
Registered
80 Posts

good to know. theres a lot of cheaper 2wd 9500s around. i was wondering if that was possible. much cost invloved in it?

Dan

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The guy we got the rwd from gave us a "deal" on it;had to take it off the wrecked one but he did load it in the pickup for us. It was 5500. I priced acouple of years ago they wanted 7500 but these machines are getting older now probably not many farmers want to spend that much on old iron.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Problem with the prw on the combine. When I did the install I had the rear axle off the ground on blocks, no tires on started the engine with trans in neutral I moved the hydro handle to forward then reverse and the hubs were rotatting as they should. Now in the field they don,t engage;checked the harness ok;solenoid is ok. Any ideas? Thanks Paul

·
Registered
778 Posts

Is pressure building in the rear lines? Hold the brakes and push the hydro, watch to see if the rear lines flex with pressure. No pressure = valve problem. Pressure = hub problem. FYI if you have a good size header hooked up when you do this the rear wheels should visibly spin a bit or try to spin on loose gravel.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks greentech;there is no pressure on lines to rear hubs. The solenoid to engage the rwa is clicking when I plug in the harness so I am thinking the valve is hung up. How do I get that to free up? I assume if I pull thse solenoid away I can get at the valve spool with vise grips and get it free? Thanks Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts