The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alarm for the PTO lube pressure going off on 7010. Only happens when unloading the first bin of the day. It will read between 24 to 26 psi when idling. At full rpm it was in the 50's, I think. Never does it again the rest of the day. Is this something to be concerned about or just need reprogramming?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
My neighbor has some 2004 8010's and said the other day that it would be nice if case engineers realized that oil viscosity changes with temperature and that their sensors aren't designed with that in mind. I would imagine that its because of colder oil and nothing to worry about

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
it is CONTROL PRESSURE you have to be concerned with. not sure on pto pressure readings. the guys at case Ih are well aware of how it changes during the day. thats why they monitor everything all the time. probably too close

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally talked to the person at the dealership yesterday. The pressure is to stay at a constant 50 psi, at any engine rpm. I am guessing regulator is sticking. Dealer has to put new program in combine, hopefully they fix it then. Thanks for the help. My dealer hasn't been much help until yesterday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts