The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience installing a 60 Series Contour Master Feeder House on a 9650 STS combine. We are looking at buying a complete feeder house with contour master from Salem Tractor in SD. They have an earlier 60 series and also a couple of 2007 model 60 series throats with the later contour setup. We are looking at the earlier throat and just wondering if anyone know of anything besides the issue of converting it from cable to hydraulic engagement that we will run into?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Putting a 60 Series Contour Feeder House on 96

Very smart idea, I really am surprised that this is the first time this has been posted to my knowledge.Yes it can be done, you will need the lift cyls. from the salvage machine, along with the complete drive line for the feederhouse, typically thats part of the package. You will need to tell the contollers that the machine has contour master installed since it didn't when it left the factory.Also you may or may not have to deal with harness issues on the right side for tilt angle sensor , there are a few wiring changes but non that cannot be over come.All your belts will be belts for the salvage machine.Last thing does your 9650sts have a doulble v-belt going to the electric clutch???????if not you could use them also from the salvage machine if there isn't any damage to them. Alot of feature over not having, lateral tilt, tire angle adjustment and last but not least if done correctly resale, great idea good luck, p.m. me if you have issues.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: Putting a 60 Series Contour Feeder House on 96

lift cylinders may not be needed as long as stroke and pin holes in the end are the same.

The hyd lines would be re-routable to the single point, will have to change your heads connection.

Units with a dual groove upper drive belt are HD, the single V belt is the reg. duty, would reccommend getting all the drive parts.

Biggest issue will be the reverser - 50 series uses the foot pedal while the 60 is hyd. engaged thru the header switch, will have to use old reverser or rig up for the new one.

What exact benefit are you after? countour? the tilting face plate?

jd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts