The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a CHERRY 643 hightin to put on my 9660. I know I've got to cut some of the cross member for the reverser gear box to fit and for now I would just like to hook it up with out the sliding pto shafts so I was wondering if there where couplers to slide over the splined shaft to make it work with the double chain hook ups and if I needed to do anything else. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have contour master, it might be impossible to line up the shafts. Also, if you accidentally tilt the feederhouse, you will probably wreck something. It wasn't that hard to put the telescoping shafts on a 643 head. We got them from Lankota. You will also need a jumper plug for the single point hookup, so that the combine knows that there is a head on. Good Luck!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I just got it on today. I bought the kit from lankota and this installed great. Only thing I had problems with was I had to notch reweld the opening in header because the top of the throat wouldn't go in all the way, after that it fit perfect. Only thing I didn't do was ad the jumper wire, not sure why I'd need that. Thank you all for the help;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.