The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read multiple times on here about bolting F2 cylinder bar in the separator side to help with rotor loss. I priced a bar from Agco but I would like to try something a little cheaper. They wanted me to buy a pair of them for 256 dollars. Is there anything else I could use or fabricate? I am a machinist and could make something if I know what I am trying to accomplish. TIA.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's just a flat bar with the rasps going each direction starting from the middle of the bar. Your rotor bars have the rasps all going one direction either forward or reverse. I believe the bar is about a foot long. There is a picture of one on www.gleanerhypermods.com. Very good website for those who are looking to get more out of their Gleaners.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the bar on the removable separator grate on the lower side close to the threshing side. Is this a suitable location? I did not feel comfortable trying to bolt it on the bottom of the cage as it looked like it would be hard to keep the bolts tight with it sitting on top of the cross bars. Will where I put it help or not make much difference? TIA.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's about where I put mine on my N6. I don't have the separator grate. I used an angle iron and tacked a couple metal lock nuts to the angle iron, I also put red locktite on the bolts. I bolted it tight against the cage and it hasn't moved since. I bought two of the F2 bars but have only used the one. I put the bar in when I installed channel helicals and have never run without it to tell you if it makes a difference with loss in my machines current set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts