The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is what I have been busy doing among many other things. Also what I need some help with. Anyone know the proper procedure to putting the rotor drive gear boxes back together? A copy of a manual would be awesome if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

Pretty much everything was wore out. Rasp bars, elephant ears, rotor covers, and the rotor drive sprockets on the gear boxes and rotors. Will be all new when done. Including the pan gasket... some moron decided to use a horrible material for those pan gaskets huh! New one is cork like material.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: Putting her back together (with pictures), hel

This address might be helpful . Click on parts & service in the side menu and type in your combine model and there is ya all .
Good luck
http://www.newholland.com/na/promo/parts&service/index.asp?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts

Where in the world do you live? If its someplace close to southeastern alberta you can borrow my manual

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm in Indiana. Thought maybe someone could copy and email or post the procedure... maybe it is several pages long and not feasible, I don't know. I will check with the dealer soon and see if I can copy theirs if no one can post. How do you go about balancing the rotors? Definately sounds like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

All back together... no, but been working on it. Had to cut out the right hand side where the rotor access door goes due to it being stretched so much. Will post some more pictures if I remember to take the camera. Really needed to be rebuilt but could have done without the rock damage. Still not sure how it jumped the stone door. The right side rotor ate it and on the feeder house you can see where the stone roll was in the mid position but was forced into the full up position. Ejection door was working earlier last year and I know that for a fact since we had some tough stems to start and the bunches from the header would trip the door. Not sure why the electronic portion didn't work either. Will have to check that all out soon as she is able to have the feederhouse put back on.

·
Registered
664 Posts

pulling and replacing the rotors is easy.

we use out deweze, we put loose chains over the arms and slide the rotors into the combine off the arm. we use a rope on the back to pull the rotor up and slide the back end in.

make sure u time the rotors and i hope to god you got them balanced. We take ours to grand island and have NH balance them for us

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts