The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is involved in changing an 01 9750 over to sinlge point hookup to run a deere 635F head? The 9750 already has the "hook" style contour front plate on it instead of the old "banana" style. So is a hydraulic hose kit with block and wedge kit all that would be needed? What about adjusting the hydra-flex pressure in the cab? How is that done when converting one to single point? Anyone done this lately and have an idea on price of the parts?

·
Registered
400 Posts
the hydraflex conversion is a separate kit. you will need to replace the header control board as part of this conversion
putting on the single point is quite simple, the kit includes all the hoses you need and is simple to install
the wedge kit is not always needed, you need to measure to find out which wedge you need(if any), and then i just part it out. the kit costs way too much for how much of it you actually use

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the old header control board this spring as it went bad. The new one I put in is already set-up for a hydra-flex head. Just need the button. Yeah the wedge kit is like $900. What do you think of it I would need? 20.8x42 duals with 28Lx26 rears, 08 635F with short stone dam and the shorter poly. Soybeans and wheat is all we ever cut.

·
Registered
400 Posts
put the feeder house down so the front plate of it is perpendicular to the ground, then measure the distance from the ground to the center of the reverser shaft.

the hydraflex kit includes an armrest button and a cornerpost display, and a wiring harness to got down to the header connector

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did it last year. The hyd hook up was a piece of piss. Diudnt bother about changing the mother board. Made my own wireing harness to activate the flex and ran a line back to the cab with a gauge. John Deere quoted almost 5 grand to spec it up, I did it for less than a thou! I dont mind paying for quality gear but some of their stuff is getting crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts