The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey who has a quadtrac? How many hours have you done and have you had many issues with the track systems? I have Challenger and I have to forever adjust idlers as it is always chewing the tracks out.

Looking for more horsepower and dad thinks case is the pick of the quadtrac setups. Just after some feedback guys, cheers!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
906 Posts
Have had an STX450 for 5+ years now. Never have to adjust the tracks. Have had to do some seals and bearings in rollers is about it. Just about to hit 7000hrs on the original 36" wide tracks.

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
I think I've put 1500 hours on my 485 (has 3500 total). Some seals/bearings in the rollers to start. Now I just keep putting oil in the ones that leak a little bit. 3 or 4 need to be filled once a week. Oil is cheaper than seals and bearings. Until one goes right out I will keep on filling the oil and checking the gas!

Front tracks getting a bit chewed up from stubble. Rears look brand new.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ran a 485 QT to 9500hrs. Tracks were to the point of needing replacement. Other than that I replaced two seals on idlers. The engine is another story. Do yourself a favor and get a Cummins powered one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with the Cummins post, my stx450 has cost a lot of money, (I bought a POS) but once I got the problems fixed it works great, and those qsx are the same ones that can put out 600 hp, just have a dialed back program in them.

I know a guy bought a brand new 620 and had to hook his 535 back up to pull the drill till he got a steinbauer for the 620. I dream of a quad with a QSK in it. Would be ultimate tractor. Too bad no more Cummins.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I agree with the Cummins post, my stx450 has cost a lot of money, (I bought a POS) but once I got the problems fixed it works great, and those qsx are the same ones that can put out 600 hp, just have a dialed back program in them.

I know a guy bought a brand new 620 and had to hook his 535 back up to pull the drill till he got a steinbauer for the 620. I dream of a quad with a QSK in it. Would be ultimate tractor. Too bad no more Cummins.
You haven’t owned enough newer Cummins yet then. Iveco is way way better motor and you can hardly here the tractors running. When I say better I mean less noise, less fuel, less Def.
Iveco are a fine motor and take a look how heavy block is in bigger tractors and don’t forget Iveco engines are used in trucks in Europe.

Just get a Iveco tuned and you will have more power then the tractor can ever put to the ground at.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
A tuning customer of mine built a bar that ran in front of his front tracks to help flatten stubble to save tracks.

4 track systems require more HP than 2 track tractors. If anyone needs a few more ponies or a more reliable tractor I know lots of good guys that can help you out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[I may of just got a bit of a lemon mate is all.

QUOTE=shmiffy;3331819]If you think the

challenger is bad why would you want to go to lighter built system? Don’t see very many wrecked tracks at challenger dealers, there is always a pile of wrecked tracks at any case dealer[/QUOTE]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts