The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just joined this site about 5 minutes ago and I hope you will forgive me if this is not the proper place to post this question.

My brother is retiring from the Missouri Highway Department at the ripe old age of 52. He is a supervisor and manages crews for road maintenance and construction. He is experienced running heavy machinery such as dozers, graders and backhoes and has a Class A CDL. He has a farm background but it has been years since he has run any farm equipment (other than older tractors) and I'm sure the newer machinery is well advanced beyond what he has operated. However, he has great aptitude for running all kinds of machinery and is quick learner.

We were discussing opportunities for earning additional income after his retirement and I proposed that he might be employable in custom harvesting. Hence my posting here.... Is he a likely candidate for hiring on to a custom harvesting crew and, if so, what is the most likely position for which he is qualified and the general rate of pay?

Thank you.

ligons

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, farminflyboy.

He is single and his kids are grown. Being on the road is something that he would enjoy more than working locally. We grew up on farms and he has always been interested in farming and how it is done in different areas so traveling to different areas would appeal to him. Especially if it were for just a couple of months at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.