The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of my neighbors run these combines and I always see them sitting out in the middle of the field with a full bin and the transport beacons and lights are on. Why is this? Are these lights hooked to the bin-full sensor so that the graincart driver knows the combine is full?

Thanks.

-Dave

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yes that is their exact purpose. They come on at the 3/4 level as long as your field lights are off. If your field lights are on they come on for five seconds then stay off until you are full then they come on again ( I think this is how they work). They do that because they are distracting in the dark to the combine operator.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is a great feature maybe because it help the buggy driver but mostly cause no one else can figure out whats going on When you drive a new combine the neighbours need to talk about something besides in 200 bu corn and with a 12 row head even with bin extensions those lights seem to be on all the time a nice problem to have With 2 men one buggy one truck we did 650 metric tonne of wet corn in one day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts