The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read your responce to rustywheels about adding an accumulator to his 105 for some header control. I have a '68 J.D. 95 corn special with the new style throat and am putting a 213 flex header on it. I was thinking of putting on some cylinder springs to get some float but some guys around here says that the springs aren't much good. I would really appreciate some more info on the accumulator installation on a 95. I put my email info on my profile page so you can get back to me directly without boring every one else with this antique info. Thanks, Jim.

·
Registered
200 Posts
you would be surprised how many of those antiques are still out there running!
it was pretty simple to do as i recall. we just put a T in the line going to the cylinders before they split and ran a line to the accumulator. they have a valve on them so you can regulate the reaction of them and can lock it out when you are running a corn head so you don't get a bounce. sure makes a huge change in operator stress and sure helps speed across the field.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that, but could not beleave it would be that simple. Some times I overthink about things too much and over look the obvious and simple solution. I am just around the block from D&S salvage here in Sikeston and have already spotted my parts. Thanks a lot for the info, it saved me a lot of time and resourses. This is a very interesting and informitive group here and I give my thanks to the moderators and any one else for their work and time to keep this group going. Jim.

·
Registered
200 Posts
while you are at the yard you might want to pick up a reel drive unit off of an old oliver combine to put on the feederhouse to drive the reel on the flex head. the deere pump will run it, but it takes a bit of creative plumbing and a flow divider, whereas the oliver unit goes on easy and will make the raising time on the head much faster than if it is split to the reel and lift cylinders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have already printed out a picture of rustywheels 105 reel drive set up and plan on doing the same thing. By the way, thanks to rustywheels for the picture and I hope you don't mind me copying it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts