The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we’re running a P4580 cart with Pro 700, Accuturn and section control. We have boundaries with headlands recorded.

We’ve always seeded the headlands last because obvious reasons (compaction, disturbance), so I’m pretty disappointed that section control apparently doesn't recognize the inner headlands border as a SC trigger. I’m told that the only way to have SC at the headlands is to seed the headlands first, or at least paint all three headland oasses with work control.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Tldr: Trying to get air cart section control to toggle at the headlands while in interior mode, without having to seed the headlands first.

Note: I realized just now that I don’t have the boundary/headlands on the cart display, just the tractors. Anybody know if importing this will add the desired functionality? Don’t want to mess with stuff mid-job...

·
Registered
74 Posts
On the John Deere Section Control, If you have a field boundary, There is an option to move that boundary in 2 or 3 passes, so you can seed the field first, then come back and do your headlands, either 2 or 3 passes.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Never done it with a 700. On a viper pro you need to do the outside pass then it sets a inner boundary just under 2 passes in where it shuts off.

It's a good question for your local dealer's precision farming guy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts